Help on batch converting files (was: introduction: here i am!!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by klymacx, Dec 26, 2008.

1. klymacx macrumors newbie

Hello all...first post on any mac forum...long waited switch from the old
    paperweight....looks like i got a lot of searching and alot of reading to do but i would like to ask a quick question....
    i got all these home movies and stuff i would like to digitallze and load onto my moms new comp as part of her christmas present...

I got alot done so far but i would also like a program where i can load multiple files in and convert respectivly.....
    would also like some good write ups and how tos so i can really learn all about qualitys and sizes and all that good stuff

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Welcome. I modified your thread title -- please attempt to provide informative thread titles.

Regarding file conversions... what kind of files? If you mean graphics, there are numerous batch converters that are popular on Macs. GraphicConverter is the most popular, probably.

http://www.lemkesoft.com/xd/public/content/index._cGlkPTE5Mw_.html

If you mean video, or audio, the answers would be different, obviously.

Max is popular for audio. The most popular video app for this kind of purpose is kind of in flux -- the answer a year ago isn't available any more at the moment.

3. klymacx thread starter macrumors newbie

home movies/video
    ive seen a bunch out there and i really just want something that will convert multiple files...not even at the same time, but drop in a few and let it do its thing so when its done all the files are converted....specifically to mp4

and id like to read about differnt settings for full screen video on itv and also ipod....are there any for dummies books i can buy ( im sure there are )
    but more importantly and write ups or stickys that woud be more informative?