help on buying and returning MBP from Regents Street

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheBigApple2006, Feb 5, 2008.

1. TheBigApple2006 macrumors regular

I've been waiting forever for a new MBP, reality is that I really need one now, despite being fully up to date on the rumors process. Penryn and all that are great things to wait for if you have some spare PC or Mac lying around, I've been without a laptop since early December and working on library PCs is simply too much...
    So, I'm taking the plunge and probably buying one from the Regent Street Apple Store before next Tuesday. Question is, does the 14 day return period apply there as well (other than online)? Can I just return it within 2 weeks and get a new updated MBP if one does appear in this timeframe? Does one have to have a valid reason for a return or is I didn't like it enough?
    many thanks

2. mojopixel macrumors 6502

mojopixel

I would suggest going to Regent's Street and asking them what the returns policy is

3. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

it would of course be best to check at the store itself, but i think that eu regulations state that all products sold must be able to be returned within a certain time period

4. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

you have no legal right to return goods unless faulty or wrongly described. a returns policy is just that - the stores own policy which it can decide upon itself, though if given a 2 week cooling off period it must honor the deal.

good luck and have fun in regent street

5. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

I asked this very same question at the Regents Street store a couple of weeks ago and the guy there told me there was NO problem in returning an item within the 2 week period. You can get a refund or swap it for something else with no questions asked. Far better than the US where you have to pay a 10% restocking fee ... now if it wasn't for the rip off Britain prices (compared to the US and Europe) we'd all be laughing ... :D

6. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

john lewis also offer a good return policy and two year warranty.

match bar do very nice cocktails, the lubrication helps build confidence to spend them hard earned pounds.