Help on buying RAM for Black Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tnisatard, Jul 5, 2008.

1. tnisatard macrumors 6502

im looking upgrade my ram to 4gb on my blackbook and im wondering which brands are trusted with macs?

i here alot about crucial, and im wondering what should i look for on laptop memory, i dont know anything really about the hardware

i heard something about ddr2 or something like that

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

CanadaRam, Crucial, Kingston are all trusted resellers and have online configurators that match your machine to the right RAM.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

OWC and datamem are also very good. They also have on-line dbs that will help ensure that you get the correct item.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

5. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Other World Computing(OWC) www.macsales.com

Every computer I have ever owned got its RAM upgrades from them and never one problem.

6. somuchtosayx macrumors newbie

i always buy kingston. they make good products. Usually find either 1 or 2 BG ram at 667mhz speed for 40-70$ at best buy or circuit city

7. bigp9998 macrumors regular

Crucial has competitive prices plus it is guaranteed to work in your MacBook. That's what I have used in the past and it's all been excellent.

8. pfonseca macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've bought 4GB from Kingstom, the reference available on their site to the Macbook, and it works perfect

9. rmwebs macrumors 68040

I can highly recommend crucial. I bought 4GB RAM for my white macbook a few months back....awesome price, and great service.