Help on Choosing a Wifi Printer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by s1lv3r, Nov 17, 2011.

1. s1lv3r macrumors member

s1lv3r

Hey Folks,

Here I'm trying to decide on which wifi printer to buy. There are many diferent models and brands and I have no idea on which to choose. Does anyone here has a good one and recommends it?

It will be used on our home just to print some school stuff or some websites. Probably it even doesn't need to be able to print colored pages, maybe only b&w would be enough.

Can you guys help me please?

Thanks! :D

2. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I was looking at one of the Epson printers that is AirPrint capable. They are so cheap now, you can get an incredible printer for $150ish or even less. I also have a Canon Pixma which I really like, it's wifi, but not AirPrint compatible. I'd say stick with either of those 2 brands and you can't go wrong.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

The Brother 2270DW is often on sale and works great.

4. RUGERMAN macrumors regular

I agree, I have a 2170w that runs great for less than $100. Cheap consumables and fast.

5. s1lv3r thread starter macrumors member

s1lv3r

Here in Brazil the Brother one is arround 300 USD, too expensive. Found one from HP, the HP Photosmart eAiO for arround 170 USD.

Does any knows if this one is good?

[​IMG]

----------

Oh.. forgot to say... Thanks for the help untill now! =)

6. chachawpi macrumors member

7. mstrze macrumors 68000

It might be worth saying that ANY printer can be a WiFi printer, assuming your WiFi router has a USB connection. I had our printer hooked up to our Airport Extreme Base Station and it worked flawlessly. I recently re-arranged my workspace and now the printer is connected to my iMac Mini, BUT my wife's MacBook can still print from it because I have 'sharing' turned on so to her, it's still a wireless printer. ;)

If you have a printer that already works, you can save some money and make the current printer a pseudo-WiFi printer.

Just throwing that out there, since there is no real need to buy a new printer just to be able to print wirelessly.

8. simply amazing macrumors member

gets my vote as well. caught it at a promotion on amazon for $70 a few months back and it's an amazing printer. prints fast, can print wirelessly, and automatically prints double sided pages if you want it to. all in all, worth every penny, especially at the low cost per print