Help on Converting iTunes Video

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fredrickyoon, Oct 20, 2009.

1. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

Need some help here. My father purchased a season pass to a show on iTunes that I've been downloading for him on a weekly basis (new episodes). I have a MacBook Air 2nd generation.

I need to convert these videos (MP4) format to another form so that he can play these on his computer (which is a Samsung PC laptop running Windows XP). I was going to convert the files from MP4 to another format (which format should I convert it to for easiest access), and what program should I use?

Once I convert the files, I will then burn them to a disk for him to play the disk to view the show on his own laptop.

Any help to which programs to use will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

download iTunes for Windows and the TV Show will play fine in mp4 format in either iTunes or QuickTime Player.

or alternatively use VLC if you want a slimmed down simple player.

3. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

Video on iTunes still uses DRM so you will not be able to play the video on anything but iTunes, AppleTV or iPod.

I don't think you can even burn a DVD...

4. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Why would you need to convert them? There is iTunes for Windows, and all you'd have to do is authorize the laptop to play them. What is so hard about that? :confused: