Help on getting into the class I need

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MartinS3X, Dec 3, 2010.

1. MartinS3X macrumors member

I am currently trying to register for an A&P II class for Spring 2011, but all the classes are full.:eek: I was wondering if anyone on MR knew of a program or some sort of hack so that I could be notified when there is an available spot. As of right now what I do is I just go and search for the class as often as I can and hope someone has dropped. So basically just something that will let me know when a webpage has changed I guess? Sorry if I am not being clear enough.

2. Xavier macrumors 68020

What i have done in the past, not for an AP course but a course on the college level.

I have obtained an enrollment permission form and taken that to the prof asking personally to be added to the class. Be persistent but not annoying. Don't be timid, especially if it's an important class for your schedule.

3. MartinS3X thread starter macrumors member

This is college level too, not an AP class its Anatomy and Physiology II. Hmm thats a good idea Ill see what my college offers in terms of that permission form. Thanks for the help. Anyone else have any advice?

4. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

For the college classes I have signed up for I was always able to add myself to the wait list if the class was full.

After I was on the wait list I would go grab a add form for the class and ask the professor to fill it out if at all possible. Come up a decent reason why you would like to be in the class and he/she may be more willing to let you in.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Speaking from a college professor perspective. If I receive a politely worded email I will sometimes authorize people into the class even if it is full, assuming that the assigned room has enough seats. However, some of my colleagues will not do this.

6. MartinS3X thread starter macrumors member

Professor swiftaw, thank you for the professors view on this. I will probably send one of the professors an email shortly.

thanks for all the help.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

depends on the school. Some times they have a waiting list that they will form and give you spot when it opens.

Another trick that I know student did at TTU is we knew when the payment deadline was and so right when that happen we would grab the spot.

As for a program you almost have to write your own. I knew people who wrote more than one program that would refresh the page ever min or to and search for the classes he need.