Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigpurp

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
Hi all I just baught a new psu and im getting ready to install my GTX 280, but I have one question. I know os x doesnt support this card (until snow that is), but when im trying to boot into vista to use the card will I be able to see the menu when pressing option at startup? Or do I have to set vista as the default boot on startup?

Also im not sure if it will work rite away without installing the drivers first so should I do that before I put in the card? thnxx

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Hi all I just baught a new psu and im getting ready to install my GTX 280, but I have one question. I know os x doesnt support this card (until snow that is), but when im trying to boot into vista to use the card will I be able to see the menu when pressing option at startup? Or do I have to set vista as the default boot on startup?

Also im not sure if it will work rite away without installing the drivers first so should I do that before I put in the card? thnxx

All PC Videocards will work in the standard VGA mode because if they didn't, custom builders around the world would be learning to install windows blindly. So this means, you should beable to boot into windows in a low resolution. So later you can install the drivers.

However, under MacOSX you'll see nothing! The Mac side will simply ignore it. And that means you won't be able to see the bootmenu after powering up, unless you have another monitor attached to the default GFX card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.