Help on Iphone 3Gs pre-order with Carphonewarehouse...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sweetfeetpete, Jun 17, 2009.

1. sweetfeetpete macrumors newbie

Hello all, first time poster here but have been a macrumors reader for quite a while now.

Basically, today (about 9pm) I pre-ordered the 16gb black iPhone 3gs online through the carphonewarehouse website.
    I entered all the details and everything went fine. For delivery I selected 'collect from store' because there is a CPW store about 5 minutes walk from my house and I thought that it meant I could collect it on Friday at 9am rather then having to sit around at home waiting for the delivery.

I have had 2 emails from the Carphonewarehouse today:
    The first one I recieved looks like this:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Order confirmation
    Thank you for ordering from The Carphone Warehouse

Dear Mr Williams
    Thank you for ordering with The Carphone Warehouse. This email confirms that we have received your order and will be processing it shortly.
    Please find your important order details below. You will need your transaction number for any correspondence. Please ensure you read it and keep it safe until your order has been delivered.
    All orders made before 5pm that cost more than £50 or include any mobile phone will be delivered by our courier between 9am and 5:30pm within 1-2 working days. Accessories that cost less than £50 will be delivered for free by Royal Mail within 2-3 days.
    Please make sure you're at home to receive your order - we'll need a signature as proof of delivery.
    For more delivery information click here
    Regards
    The Carphone Warehouse Web Team
    ----------------------------------------------------
    The email continues to list the details of my order (e.g Iphone 3gs black 16gb etc.)

About 5 minutes after this email, I recieve another:
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering with www.carphonewarehouse.com.
    Unfortunately, the item you ordered is temporarily out of stock. We do make every effort to ensure that only items that are in stock appear on the website, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Pre Orders and Back Orders:
    If you knowingly placed a Pre Order or Back Order on carphonewarehouse.com, then you do not need to take any action. We will despatch your order as soon as it's available. We will also e-mail you when the goods leave the warehouse.
    What should you do next?
    Don't worry! We are expecting new stock to arrive into our warehouse very soon. When the new stock arrives the item will be sent to you immediately. You do not have to do anything. We will keep you updated by telephone, but you will also receive an email when the goods leave our warehouse.

If the item has not arrived back into stock within 7 days, we will contact you to let you know your options. If you would like to discuss this with us in the meantime, please call our Support Team on 0870 087 0870 quoting your surname and postcode (Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat 9am - 6pm, Sun 11am, 5pm).

Thanks for shopping with us.

Regards,

The Carphone Warehouse Online Team
    -----------------------------------------------

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't completely understand this second email? Does it mean that because my order is a pre-order, everything is fine and that I can still pick up the phone from the store on friday morning? Or is this an email meaning that my order will be delayed? If so, I think its pretty bad that the Carphonewarehouse are advertising the iphone pre-order for the 19th of June, until you've paid £85 and then they'll tell you that your order may be delayed?

About an hour ago when I logged onto the Carphonewarehouse delivery tracking at https://www.mycarphonewarehouse.com/portal/servlet/gben-ordertrack-OrderTrack (the service is currently unavailable) I was told that my order was in Phase 1.

Any help on my panic would be greatly appreciated, I go away for the weekend on Saturday which is partly the reason for me being so eager to get it early friday.
    Thanks in advance,
    Pete

2. PostHoc macrumors newbie

3. haydn! macrumors 6502a

The second email will be automated response, probably issued by the companies order processing system as although they will have the phones in the warehouse, they're not technically available yet.

Like the email suggests, I doubt you have anything to be worried about!

4. sweetfeetpete thread starter macrumors newbie

Latest Update:

So this morning I got a call from Natwest, saying that an attempt on a transaction with Carphonewarehouse was made last night but it didn't go through (the woman from natwest mentioned that they had had a lot of these failed transactions with CPW last night). So i gave CFW a ring and spoke to a man named Joshua.
    He told me that the order for my iphone had gone through but my transaction (payment) hadn't, so i gave him my card details and the £85~ payment went through.
    I was asking about the delivery estimates for the iphone and he said that the CPW stores were no longer taking 'collect from stores' options, he told me that I had to change to delivery at home, so he changed that over and said:

that there is about a 75% chance that my phone will arrive tomorrow, and if not Rest Assured that it will arrive on monday

When i log onto the CPW track, it still says my order is in phase 1, which makes me slightly worried but on the homepage of the CPW it has an advert saying Order now (By 3pm) and recieve tomorrow which makes me think that my order should still arrive through tomorrow?

Any other updates similar from anyone else?
    As mean as it sounds, it would be great if someone else was in a similar position :)

5. hepeo macrumors newbie

Hi,

I ordered my iPhone 3GS last Friday (12th) over the phone with Carphone Warehouse, the guy assured me it would be delivered on Friday (19th). Looked on their website today and saw that if you ordered by 3pm today it would be delivered tomorrow but the model I ordered now just stated 'Coming Soon'.

I phoned to check and was told it had been sent over to City Link at 7pm yesterday (Wed) and would be delivered by Monday. On questioning the Monday statement, I was told they had 5000 orders to deliver and that they should all be delivered by Monday at the latest. When I mentioned the original order takers statement and the website one regarding delivery on Friday, she said they were working hard!

Guess what ..........Just checked the CPW tracking page and it states Monday delivery. The City-Link tracking page doesn't even recognise the tracking number yet, so its clearly not in their distribution system yet.

6. sweetfeetpete thread starter macrumors newbie

hepeo, when you log onto https://www.mycarphonewarehouse.com/portal/servlet/gben-ordertrack-OrderTrack
    what stage is your order at??

I have rang carphonewarehouse twice since the call this morning and the 2 other people I spoke to said that it will arrive sometime tomorrow, yet when I log onto the track link above, it is still in phase 1?? its not even processing yet? which confuses me?

7. sweetfeetpete thread starter macrumors newbie

Just called Carphone warehouse and got given my tracking number for city-link, entered it onto their website and scheduled delivery date is 19th of June :) - carphone warehouse still says phase 1 though.
    Well, i'm pretty happy anyway. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.