Help on networking mac and pc running snow leopard and vista respectively - newbie

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ateganda29, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ateganda29 macrumors member

hello everyone!

i just bought my first mac three weeks ago (woohoo!) after being a long time pc user. so far i can say that i'm enjoying my iMac and learning a lot of new things. i've been lurking on this forum for a while and most of my questions have been asked and answered by other members. this is my first post and i can't seem to find an answer in this forum or anywhere for that matter. i hope one of you guys can help me out:

as i've mentioned, i purchased an iMAC about three weeks ago. it came pre-installed with leopard and a snow leopard software to upgrade -- which i did. i still have my laptop running with vista and i would like to network them together. i've been researching how to do this but most of the how-to's out there are for leopard or tiger OS and xp -- where i get stuck when i have to click on 'windows sharing' box since snow leopard doesn't have that option. can someone give me a step-by-step procedure on how to network both of my computers. i would like to mention that i have a home network and both computers are connected to the internet wirelessly. also, i would like for my entire computer to share, and not just specific folders. is that at all possible?

thank you in advance for your help!