Help on pending restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tek210, Aug 22, 2011.

1. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

Over the weekend I got some water on my iPhone. Luckily it is covered by the insurance I got for it. New one should be in this week. My question is what is the best way to restore using the backup I had done last week.

Recently for one of the iOS updates it failed and it wiped the phone. I was forced to perform a restore. When it restored it took away all the folders I had setup and dropped each app as an individual. It took hours to get everything back in organized folders. I have a LOT of apps.

Is there something I can do to ensure that the organization that I have spent a fair amount of time working on is not wasted.

2. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I've done several restores and each has had the same result as what you describe.... Personal folders must be re-created and all app icons moved individually. Yep! Takes a long time. Maybe someone else knows a secret to get the folders restored, too :confused:

3. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

Oh that sucks, was hoping it was just a fluke. Hopefully there is some trick out there.

4. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

Well I got the new iPhone in and was pleasantly surprised when the restore was complete, all my folders were just as I had set them up. Saves me a lot of time so I was happy with that.