Help on photos in iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fooziedog, Nov 9, 2008.

1. fooziedog macrumors newbie

I am a newish mac user, but I know my way around. I am disappointed at the fact that the only way to add photos to an iMovie Project is through iPhoto or Photo Booth.

Anyway, I was trying to add a photo to my project. I added it in iPhoto, and it ended up in the recently added as well as a new event. I tried to add it in iMovie and I see all of my other pictures, but now the new one. I tried adding another photo to the library, and again it showed up in iPhoto, but not iMovie.

HELP!!!:(

2. jeffgorelick macrumors newbie

I always just drag and drop my photos direct from my folder right into iMovie. You know how there are the tabs, photos, clips, titles, transitions, etc. open the photo tab, and just drag and drop them in there. you are able to add 1 photo or 50 photos, or even 400 photos. it will render them and then you are good to go.

3. fooziedog thread starter macrumors newbie

it worked

thanks a lot, it worked. I didn't know you could do it like that. I thought iMovie would make it a little more clear. Another method (although a mediocre one) that I figured out was replacing the source file of a photo that iMovie saw with the photo I want. Your method is a lot better though.