help on potable charger

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by mclarendude2, Aug 3, 2017.

1. mclarendude2 macrumors regular

can anyone help me find a portable apple watch charger that uses lightning cable to charge the charger and not micro usb i dont want to cary 2 cables around with me i want to be able to just charge the apple watch charger with my iPhone cable

2. Ixidor macrumors regular

Apple sells a micro USB to lightning adapter so you could still carry one cable if you get that with a charger that uses a micro USB.

3. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I've been looking for what you describe since I first got my watch and haven't found one. I would also strongly prefer to just carry one cable and an adapter to use it with my watch. What I ended up doing was buying a small travel charger that has a micro USB port (this one) and affixing a micro USB to Lightning adapter to it (this one). It works well enough although I'd definitely love it if Apple made their own as I'd imagine it'd be smaller. I also don't necessarily need a battery built in, just an adapter to use my existing cables.

4. willmtaylor, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

While clean drinking water IS important, you might want to change your thread title. :D

Best of luck in your search.

5. ortoLANparty macrumors newbie

I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Puredick-Portable-12000mAh-Universal-Lightning/dp/B01AOT3C6K/

I bought it because the brand name made me snicker, but the Lightning charging was a nice bonus.