HELP on SOUND

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by narcku, Jan 3, 2009.

1. narcku macrumors newbie

hi, im new here, as well as in the world of macbook.
    i just bought the new macbook aluminium 2.0ghz 160gb.
    i also put windows xp inside it, now im having a problem on the audio device, it said that "no audio device" , im pretty sure that it is due to lack of audio software (eg. realtek) my question is, where can i get the compatible audio software for my windows os on macbook? will i able to find it on internet? or from the cd that apple gave when i buy the macbook? i would very2 much appreciate if one could produce me with the link where i could download that audio software. thanks :D , sorry for my bad english :D

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Did you do Boot Camp? if so, did you put the Leopard DVD in when you were done installing XP onto Boot Camp? The Leopard DVD has all the drivers that you need to make everything run in Windows via Boot Camp...

3. narcku thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, i did use boot camp, which cd should i use ? under which option ? thanks for the help :D

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Here is my jerk side coming out. When you run the Boot Camp Assistant one of the very first screens is to print out the instructions as this is very important and would solve your issue.

Having said that. Put in your Leopard disk in Windows. That should start an auto run that will install drivers for the audio card, iSight, bluetooth, video card and so on....

5. narcku thread starter macrumors newbie

i've tried to install all items from the windowsupport apple cd, but still no luck on the sound

6. narcku thread starter macrumors newbie

i've install from the disc, now i have realtek hd , n sigmatel audio on add/remove programs

7. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

That would be the audio drivers.

8. narcku thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, but still no audio device