help on what hard case to get for white macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by snowboarder943, Jul 18, 2009.

1. snowboarder943 macrumors regular

After researching, it seems there's a feud between the Speck Seethru and the Incase Hardshell. Which is better? I like how the incase one is a rubberized texture, Speck doesn't make a Seethru Satin for the white macbook..:( Anyways, which would you all prefer? BTW, if I were to the Incase, I'd get black, so it's black and white haha but...does the Apple logo show through? Thanks everyone!!! :D:D

2. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Edward91 macrumors newbie

Edward91

you should be sure to check how far the display can be tilted back, I have seen a few cases that I considered buying that restricted the screen to only open 90 degrees

4. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

I'd have to buy it to try that out. If I buy it at the Apple store can I try it out at home, then if I don't like it return it?

5. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Hard cases are useless and are just going to scratch the plastic and add bulk.

6. fpar macrumors regular

I do not suggest a hard case for you, it will just add bulk. They are great for the aluminum laptops as they prevent minor dents, but the force required to crack you laptop will do damage to the internals making the case useless. However, I you really want the case I suggest the speck clear see through.

7. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

So should I just get an Incase Neoprene sleeve for it for when I carry it around places? Use no hard shell case is what you all are saying?

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The amount of protection a hard case is going to provide is not as much as for the aluminum laptops. But it's going to provide more protection then no case.