Help on with VPN setup please.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by yuanmoons, Mar 10, 2010.

1. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

I am a home mac computer user, nothing beyond web, email etc .... and i also use my mpb in starbucks etc a fair amount each week using the free wifi access. Ive heard from time to time it might be a good idea to work within a Virtual Private Network when using free public wifi....

(FYI, all my passwords etc are entered using 1Password software)

If its something worth doing can someone give me or point me towards a 'dummies' guide / clear how-to thread (non commercial) on how to setup a VPN on a mac. Ive done a few searches and i cant find anything clear and/or straightforward. Need an overview on if i should do it, ways to do it and instructions for doing it....

Any help much appreciated.

2. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

Someone knows...... help

or maybe this is in the wrong forum?

3. david91 macrumors regular

Express VPN would be a good one to use for Mac. Its totally reliable and perfectly secure for your PC over the web. You could check their website if you want.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Do you mean create a VPN on your home Mac that you can connect to with your MacBook Pro when you are connected to a public wifi?

5. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Do you realize that the OP asked the question over 5 years ago?

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

No! I hate it when that happens.

I blame david91 for that. Possibly searching for VPN questions and posting/shilling...although shilling is a harsh term.