Help Opening Files from PC w/Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wills.Details, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Wills.Details macrumors member

Whats up all. I purchased some online music programs that come in video form. Anyway, when i went to install them after download, they open up in text for on my MBP, rather than running the program as it normally should (it worked fine on my old PC).

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong or is there some software i need to download in order to get these files to open properly. This also happened when i tried to download a thumbnail creater that i use to use on my PC from this site: http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

Ive included a screen shot of the files i was trying to open and what it ended up opening it as (text form). Hope someone can help me out, i really wanna get back up and going on my lessons.

Attached Files:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

You're trying to run a windows application, you can't do that on a mac without either running the application in a virtual machine or using WINE. Personally, I'd suggest going to the virtual machine route, it's easier to setup and is less likely to cause issues than WINE.

For the thumbnail creator, I'd encourage you to find an alternative built for OS X, I'm sure there are loads available.

5. Wills.Details thread starter macrumors member

So i see wine is free, where Virtual Machine costs $80...?