Help Organizing photos is Photos Mac App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by armandxp, Mar 3, 2015.

1. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

Trying to figure out ways to get some of my photo's into certain albums, or something similar. Let me explain.

I download a lot of funny photo's, sayings, Facebook stuff, that I save to my photo collection. Before, I could just move those photos to an album called 'cartoons', after they were imported into iPhoto.

I've noticed, I could tag each cartoon with a text tag, and have them sent to a smart album called 'cartoons'. Which is great, but I don't want these photos to show up in the first tab of photos under all of these different dates. Some of them are mixed in with groups like concerts, etc, and they just don't belong there, except they share the same date.

I don't know if I'm over thinking this, or there is a way to just change the dates of all my cartoons, to a certain date, so they show all in the same place, or how i I can even do this easily.

Anyone with any help or suggestions, please do. Thanks!

2. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Your best bet is probably to change the dates of the cartoons after you import them. Image menu > Adjust Image Date and Time...

3. armandxp thread starter macrumors 6502

armandxp

Wow! I can't believe I didn't see that. I'm right clicking on the images and can't figure out how to change things. This will work perfectly for me.

Thanks so much!