HELP!!! OS X Can't startup!

Spica

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
My cd was sturk in my powerbook, so I finally got it out using the restart->hold onto mouse button method.

Now when os x loads, it goes directly into the terminal and does not load the GUI at all.

When I switch on the powerbook, I hear the sound, then it shows the grey screen with the apple logo in the middle. After that there are a gew beep sounds and it goes into the terminal directly.

What do I do?

I have lot's of info inside.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Spica said:
My cd was sturk in my powerbook, so I finally got it out using the restart->hold onto mouse button method.

Now when os x loads, it goes directly into the terminal and does not load the GUI at all.

When I switch on the powerbook, I hear the sound, then it shows the grey screen with the apple logo in the middle. After that there are a gew beep sounds and it goes into the terminal directly.

What do I do?

I have lot's of info inside.
I believe that it isn't terminal, its Open Firmware is where you are at after booting. Reset the PRAM, then try booting again.

Spica

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
I think it is the terminal because the screen is balck with white words. TO go to open frimware, I hold onto COMMAND + OPTION + O + F and I see a grey screen with words. I believe this is the open firmware screeb. I then typed reset-nvram and reset-all and now the powerbook restarts and is stuck the the grey screen with the apple logo. There is not even a spinning round thing at the bottom.

Help?

Spica

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
anyone? or m i the only one with so many mac problems.