Help otterbox preserver and lifeproof fre size difference

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Jan 20, 2014.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Can Someone post pics of size differences which one is thinner and or smaller ? Thanks

2. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

I have both in my possession right now...when I get home I can post a few pics if you'd like.

The Lifeproof is thinner for sure but after having the Preserver on my phone for a few days I like the feel of it better

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I like my 5S fre, I can put it in my pocket and slide it out comfortably.

4. jayrflow macrumors 6502

How's the touch screen sensitivity on the preserver? Does touch ID work fine?

5. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

the screen on the preserver is better IMHO compared to the lifeproof. The sensitivity is better for the preserve than lifeproof as the preserver sits just about perfectly flush to the screen, where the lifeproof is raised ever so slightly. I kept getting the newton rings on my lifeproof, though an anti glare screen protecter attached to the phone stopped most of that. Audio sounds better from the preserver also.

The touch ID works well on both phones, I prefer the membrane that covers the lifeproof home button to the one that covers the preserver but not enough to keep me from returning the lifeproof. Also the headphones I use can't go into the lifeproof with the adapter but they can go into the preserver. I'll post some pics here in a few

6. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Here are a few pics

Attached Files:

7. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Another

Attached Files:

8. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to have more than one pic doing it from my ipad

This one shows the home button , only thing I'm not thrilled about, because my OCD lol the button looks a little odd

I'm also returning this preserver for the Carbon colored case as this pistachio color got very dingy looking after one day.

Attached Files:

9. jayrflow macrumors 6502

I'm having a hard time between the preserver and the lifeproof nuud. Difficult decision lol

10. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

I like the Núúd case for the iPhone 5....it just worried me with the screen being exposed and if the screen would degrade over time if exposed to salt water or chemicals in water but just my .02 ... Could be completely unfounded worries

11. jayrflow macrumors 6502

Also for those who have the fre, do you think there's enough space in the case to accommodate a 0.2mm thin glass screen protector? Im deciding between the Fre and the Nuud

12. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Got the preserver today it's awesome , can someone tell me the best way to clean the inside of the screen shield with scratching it ?
    Thanks

13. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Eye glass cleaner

14. Caesars macrumors regular

I just put on my nuud, it's the only experience I have with a water resistant case but it seems GREAT so far :).

15. jayrflow macrumors 6502

Ya I ended up going with the Nuud and I don't regret it. It's great!

16. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I just picked up a Nuud. It has come a really long way since all the issues with previous models. I really have no complaints yet.

17. devilcm3 macrumors 6502a

otterbox is noticeably thicker due better shock protection it offers versus the lifeproof.

18. ooMeanMrMustard macrumors newbie

Had a Preserver and sent it back and using a Nuud for a month now. Love the Nuud great case!