Help: Pairing iPad Mini 3 to PC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by edithmac, Feb 25, 2015.

1. edithmac, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015

edithmac macrumors newbie

edithmac

Hi All,

I love Classical music and have a what I consider to be rather large music collection of around 15,000 albums. Some of which are box sets or compilation albums with multiple discs some times more than 100 discs in one box set.

I've spent some time ripping and tagging every single CD into iTunes and the meta data is perfect. I have custom built PC for "gaming" that my partner put together for me. It wasn't a big expensive machine but it's good enough for me. If you would like details see my signature.

My Partner left for New York on business for six weeks and won't be back for another three weeks. Before he left he bought me and iPad mini 3 and had it delivered while he was away.

I would like to use this as a remote for my music collection but I don't know if my motherboard has Bluetooth. Normally I would ask him for help but as he is away I turn to you. I think my motherboard does have Bluetooth but I don't know how to activate it.

If it doesn't would I be able to buy a Bluetooth dongle thing and use that to pair my iPad to my PC? If so could you recommend one please?

I'm running Windows 8.1

My motherboard is a:

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX MOBO

Thanks,

Edie

2. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

can't tell.
    but you don't need bluetooth to control iTunes, they just need to be on the same network.

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Download the "remote" app from the app store on the iPad. This will allow you to control itunes from the iPad. (this will play control the music you play from your computer)

All that is required is they be on the same wifi network.

If you want to play the music you have in iTunes on the ipad (without syncing), turn on "iTunes home sharing". This will allow your "music" app on the iPad to view all the music from your iTunes and stream it directly to the ipad. Again, both devices need to be on the same wifi network

4. edithmac thread starter macrumors newbie

edithmac

Oh cool it works over the the Wi-Fi I didn't know that thought it had to be paired via Bluetooth like the actual Apple Remote you use with Macs.

Thank you both! :)

Much Love,

Edie x