Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sanPietro98

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2008
28.416834,-81.581214
I just got my new Mac and I used Migration Assistant to transfer all my stuff over. I now get the (attached) dialog asking for my password when I try to "Build & Run" in XCode. Any ideas on how to make it stop asking? I never had this problem on the older Mac.

I'm running OSX 10.6, with XCode 3.2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• dialog.png
    dialog.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 126

electroshock

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
Fire up Terminal.app. Then run this command:

id | grep -c _developer

Does it say 0 or does it say 1?

If it says 0, that may be your problem. Fix should be a matter of:

sudo dscl . append /Groups/_developer GroupMembership <your username>

It's sounding like Migration Assistant didn't merge your username into groups you were a member of on the old setup. Reinstallation of Xcode would also add you to the _developer group, fixing the issue -- but that's kinda like killing an ant with a megaton nuclear bomb. :D

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
I just stumbled onto the same problem. Are you running as an administrator, or a standard user? I'm running as a standard user, which I'm guessing is causing the problem.

I've only seen that message once though, so maybe it's not so bad...

sanPietro98

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2008
28.416834,-81.581214
I just stumbled onto the same problem. Are you running as an administrator, or a standard user? I'm running as a standard user, which I'm guessing is causing the problem.

I've only seen that message once though, so maybe it's not so bad...

I was running as a user with Admin privileges. I got the message the first time I tried to debug code after a boot-up. There is a "debug process" that gets started. Once that process started, it stayed up for the rest of the login session and didn't require the password anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.