Help! Photoshop CC crashing (solved)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HelloMikee, Feb 5, 2017.

1. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I posted this in the OS X Sierra forum but was told I might have more luck here:

Computer specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB & 2gb AMD Radeon R9 M370X
    Running macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32)
    Software: Photoshop CC 2017 (latest update to both PS and Camera Raw)

I've googled and couldn't really find any info that helps and I've tried a few things. I recently upgraded my late 2012 13" MBPr (Sierra and CC 2017 running just fine) to a mid 2015 MBPr and am having all sorts of issues.

I'm having all sorts of problems with photoshop. I can't open any raw files and when I try, photoshop just crashes. I'm seeing these errors:

Camera raw has temporarily disabled graphics processor acceleration due to an error. Updating the driver of your graphics card may resolve this issue.

Choose the use graphics processor option in camera raw preferences dialogue to reenable GPU support.

Another error I received was:

"Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware... etc."

This is super frustrating and any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've already gone through the trouble shooting tips I found on adobe's support page and nothing seems to work. Also posted the same post there.

Aside from adobe's trouble shooting tips I've:

Re-installed Photoshop
    Booted in Safe Mode
    Renamed Sniffer file
    Installed older version of both photoshop cc and camera raw

2. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Problem solved by doing a clean install. Someone had mentioned to see if creating a new user would result in the same issues and it was so I decide to re-install Sierra. Seems like that did the trick.