HELP! - Photoshop Elements 4.0 and Intel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by catgo, Jun 12, 2007.

1. catgo macrumors member

Hello, I was wondering if any of you guys uses Photoshop Elements 4.0 with their Intel based Mac. I've read on several pages that it is not fully compatible with Intel based Mac's since it is not in Universal Binary, can someone help me with this since i'm planning on buying the prog. for my Macbook Pro soon.

Thanks

2. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

I have Photoshop Elements 4 installed on my Macbook. It runs, but slowly. I hate it, but not only because of the speed (or lack thereof) but because the file browser is now a separate application. I liked it much better when that function was built into PSE.

I was told that PSE 3 might run a little better on an Intel Mac, but I haven't tried that yet.

I'd wait to buy it until it becomes a Universal Binary. In the mean time try out some of the free image editing apps. Give Seashore or GIMP a try.

3. catgo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply....I'll definetely check those programs out since the last thing i want is a slow photo editor/browser...Thanks again...

4. KatmanDu macrumors member

Hell, I'm running Elements 2.0 on a 24" iMac...

...because Adobe refused to cross-platform license my upgrade copy of CS2 to OSX, because I don't have the original Photoshop 7 discs I used previously. And no, neither of them was pirated. *sigh*