Help Picking A Display!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JamesGorman, Aug 20, 2009.

1. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

2. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

What are your priorities? Price, resolution, colour accuracy, no colour shift at different angles?

Both displays use the basic TN-Film technology, so colour accuracy will suffer.

3. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Im just looking for something to use with my macbook when I'm at home and at my desk. I will need a bit more real estate, as next year I will be moving into Real Estate lol, and Im going to need to have a bigger display so I can have multiple windows open at once. I do very very basic photo retouching here and there so Color accuracy wont be a huge concern of mine. As for viewing angles, Of course I'd like the largest I could get, but as long as its better than the macbook's screen I'm fine with that.

I just really want to know which one you guys would choose, and for what reason?

4. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Ultimately it boils down to your budget and as the RemarkabLee mentioned your priorities.

After doing (tons) of research about monitors before finally deciding which to purchase - I can tell you that most of the Dell monitors offer a nice bang for the buck (especially their UltraSharp line). Their 24" 2408WFP model that includes an IPS panel can be had (when on sale) for $450 or so. But frankly, it might be a little overkill for your application.

Your best bet might be deciding what size you want and your budget and back into which monitor that way. You can't go wrong with Dells.

5. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

I've got a 23" Hanns that I picked up for $170. Colors are fine after calibrating it with a Pantone Huey.

6. Moriarty macrumors 6502

There's no advantage to getting the 28" over the 24". Same resolution, the 28" just has bigger pixels. No way is it worth the extra money.

Plus, especially on a 28", the limitations of a TN panel will show a LOT. You would see large amounts of colour shifting between the top and bottom of such a large screen.

7. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Well if thats the case, I think ill be getting the 24" than. Thanks for the replies people!