HELP please!! 2 problems w/ iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iRobby, May 9, 2011.

1. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

I currently have iTunes10.2.2.12 installed on a dinosaur of a Dell (getting an 2011 iMac).

Anyways,

Problem#1 75-80% of the time the Cover Flow of album art either is a solid black window saying

iTunes is unable to browse album covers on this computer

or the window is missing and you just see the window or desktop underneath in that cover flow area. Also, the same happens in Safari for Windows 5.05 (7533.21.1) with the bookmark pages cover flow

Problem#2:

This is more serious since it affects functionality and not ascetics. That being that my video podcasts 9/10 times do not show I only get audio. I subscribe to the Apple Keynote Podcasts and want to show a relative a part of the iPad2 keynote with the video of the iPad uses including the autistic child and how it is being used in the medical field, etc.

Can anyone please help me to resolve these problems especially the video podcast problem? I do not get any type of error message with the podcast it just plays audio.

2. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Both of these problems should have something to do with missing DirectDraw- and/or 3D-acceleration. What kind of graphics card are you using, and have you installed somewhat current drivers?

3. iRobby thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Well like I said I'm on a dinosaur I can't wait to get my 2011 27" iMac!! at the moment. the graphics Card is ATI Radeon X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory

4. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

I would go ahead and download the latest drivers for your card. Also, you may want to run "dxdiag" and see whether DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP Texture Acceleration are enabled.

5. iRobby thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRobby

All are enabled and passed both DirectDraw and Direct 3d tests