Help Please! 4th gen Stuck on iCloud Restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PocketGoddess, Sep 24, 2012.

1. PocketGoddess macrumors newbie

Like some others, I've had some major problems since I upgraded my 4th gen iPod Touch to iOS6--enjoying the new features, but my music effectively disappeared--supposedly I have zero songs, but the capacity meter shows only 15GB free on my device??

Anyway, I decided to reset my device and restore from my iCloud backup. I have LOTS of apps, but my iCloud backup is less than 1GB in size--I was careful to clear out my camera roll, etc. and do a fresh backup right before I reset my iPod.

What I'm seeing now is a reset/restore loop--I try to restore my device from iCloud, it gets stuck on a black screen with an Apple logo and a progress bar that sits at about 10% and doesn't move, even when left alone (and plugged into the charger) for more than two hours. So I put it into recovery mode, connect it to my computer and restore it in iTunes, then try the iCloud backup restore again with the same results.

Anyone have any ideas?? Yes, I could start completely from scratch (and probably should, so everything will be "cleaned out" for the delivery of my 5th gen iPod Touch next month) but I really don't want to go through the hassle of downloading my apps one by one--and will my Tiny Tower data still be there?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated--I haven't been this frustrated since I upgraded to Mountain Lion and couldn't get my Notes to sync with iCloud (that thread on Apple's discussion board is still going strong 127 posts later, *and* got me a call direct from Apple, but no joy on this reset/restore problem so far).

2. jus10mar10 macrumors newbie

Fix?

Were you able to find a solution to this? My wife's phone is stuck in the exact same situation.

3. gafiltafish macrumors newbie

Sounds familiar.

Ya. I am having the exact same issue. I mean, identical right down to being stuck at 10%. Furthermore, I cannot complete a restore with iTunes. The only thing I have been able to do is set up the phone as new.

I have been scouring the net for 3 days looking for a fix. But this is the first thread I have come across that accurately described the same issue I am having.

I was thinking about going to the Apple store today, thinking it is actually a hardware issue, but now I'm not so sure.

By the way, the hardware at hand is a 4S.

4. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem. By any chance do you have 2 or more accounts? Were applications downloaded from 2 different iTunes accounts?

I think there is a software bug if one has 2 or more Apple accounts on iTunes.

5. kevin2martin macrumors newbie

iCloud restore stuck

Same issue here! Would love to know if anyone has found a fix.