Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
OpenSSH for the iPod touch is installing an OpenSSH server on your iPod touch so you can connect to it. It's not an ssh client, insofar as I'm aware (and if it is, it's command-line based and you'd need one of the terminal apps to access it).

EDIT: I should point out that this is how things were back when I had a jailbroken iPhone, which hasn't been for several months now. Probably since 1.1.0 or so.

i305

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
OpenSSH for the iPod touch is installing an OpenSSH server on your iPod touch so you can connect to it. It's not an ssh client, insofar as I'm aware (and if it is, it's command-line based and you'd need one of the terminal apps to access it).

EDIT: I should point out that this is how things were back when I had a jailbroken iPhone, which hasn't been for several months now. Probably since 1.1.0 or so.

Yea I know that. But OpenSSH doesn't show up anywhere on my iPod touch after I install it. :mad:

*edit: You said I need one of the terminal apps to access it.. which app do I need. can you help me please!?

grandeabc

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Go to your MAC (don't kno windows) and install cyberduck, then ssh into your touch (see the ip address in your touch at the Settings\WiFi\select the arrow from your connection)
OR
install AFPd in yout touch. This is an amazing program, because it will shows up your ipod Touch in your Finder (for Mac users). Then you just need to type "root" and your passaword (if you didn't change it, it's "alpine", or "dottie"
;)

i305

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Go to your MAC (don't kno windows) and install cyberduck, then ssh into your touch (see the ip address in your touch at the Settings\WiFi\select the arrow from your connection)
OR
install AFPd in yout touch. This is an amazing program, because it will shows up your ipod Touch in your Finder (for Mac users). Then you just need to type "root" and your passaword (if you didn't change it, it's "alpine", or "dottie"
;)

Thanks sooooooo much for the help,but im on a pc now. I have a Mac, but it's back home. (im a college student) :(

i305

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Some one? help me? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! ?

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan

Problem solved!!!

Glad your problem has been solved, but why did you edit out your original post? It would help to know what the original problem was, so those of us who might be experiencing similar or same issues could benefit from this thread.

If you could re-edit your original post to let us know what the problem was, that would be great.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.