Help Please - Anyone Know where to get External Isight repair ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by boss302beav, Jun 25, 2010.

1. boss302beav macrumors newbie

I am new to the forums - this is my first post - been an apple fan for a while - and love this sight :)

I recently bought an external isight webcam using craigslist - got it home - plugged it in an nothing happened. I know my first mistake was not trying it out first - but I have wanted one for so long and it was fairly cheap.

I opened system profiler and it sees it as a firewire device - but it only recognizes it as " unknown device ". Im running snow leopard 10.6.4 - I tried researching this on line and cannot find anything about it - if the unit will not power on and the system doesn't really recognize it. I ran disk permission - updates - everything - I took it by my apple store and they tried to order a replacement from Apple Corp office - but no go - they were told a day later that the replacements are no longer available.

My local apple authorized service provider Ten Systems Plus doesn't repair them nor anyone else I have found so far - please help -

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

3. boss302beav thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys for all the reference material - I have tried all those sites and went to apple store - the unit will simply not power on it appears - and without that happening I cannot upgrade firmware or do anything - I just hate to see it non- functional - and most of the local repair shops - even apple authorized ones do not offer repair - just trying to see if anyone knows of a place that will repair them.

PS - @dewguy1999 - how do you get your computer specs to show when you post ? I put mine in my profile but it didn't show up on my original post.

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

You need to create a signature and then it will show on all your messages. Just go to the User CP link at the top of the page, once you're in the User Control Panel, in the sidebar on the left under Settings & Options the first link is Edit Signature, click the link and the "form" that comes up will have all the instructions necessary. HTH

5. boss302beav thread starter macrumors newbie

@DewGuy1999 - Thank you for the help on the signature - take care