Help please.. are these files meant to be there?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samtom5, Jan 25, 2011.

1. samtom5 macrumors newbie

I keep finding these files and I don't know where they come from or how many I have in total, how to find them and how to delete them.

I cliked on one of the files and here is what a part of it says:

I don't have a sigma camera..

Any ideas? Perhaps they are meant to be there. If not, how do I find them all and delete them? I use tidy up and ONYX often but they didn't remove them.

Oh, here is a screen shot of some of them

[​IMG]
    Screen shot 2011-01-25 at 22.49.50

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

They're likely just drivers or support files for hardware you don't have. OS X has tons of these sorts of files and you're likely best off just leaving them alone. Where are the files located? How much space do they really take?

Easy rule of thumb: If you didn't put the files there and you don't know what they do. Leave them alone.

3. samtom5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was just typing in finder then loads appeared, so I don't know how many there are but I know there are tons because I just quickly looked by typing in random numbers in finder.

I am not sure where they are located. I went through my folders but could only find them through finder.

Thank you for helping me :)

4. Steve Mobs, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011

Steve Mobs macrumors regular

Right-click > Open Enclosing Folder, to know where they are. They look safe to delete. They might be from files edited in Photoshop. Those are not drivers. Drivers end with .kext.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Those are files related to Adobe software updates. Leave them. As a rule, if you don't know what it is, don't delete it.