Help please! Can't paste a file!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shahidkapoor, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Shahidkapoor macrumors member

Shahidkapoor

Hello,

I've got GTA 4 running on my mac. I'm not able to paste a file into the directory.
    I'd like to copy and paste a file( asi loader), it's needed to mod the game.
    It's not letting me paste that in Rockstar games/GTA 4.
    Can anyone please help me with that?

I'd like to use Simple Native trainer with it, thats why I need to copy the file.

Also, there's OPEN IV software for windows that helps in modding cars, but I couldn't find any software for mac. does anyone know any software to do that? or any other way to replace cars in GTA IV?

Thank you! Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Can you be a little more specific on what it tells you when you try? I would imagine it's a permissions issue as any folder in a game directory probably doesn't want to be written to.

3. Shahidkapoor thread starter macrumors member

Shahidkapoor

It just doesn't say anything. I mean when the paste option doesn't come when I right click in the folder. And also, even when I press edit in the tool bar the Paste button is not highlighted. And when I drag the file to that particular Rockstar games folder, it automatically goes back to the place where I dragged it from.

And under Permissions, It says 'Read and write'.

4. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Are you trying to modify files in the bootcamp partition while booted into OSX? If so, there's your problem.

5. Shahidkapoor thread starter macrumors member

Shahidkapoor

No, i'm trying to modify it in OSX. I don't have bootcamp partition.
    (the file I downloaded is also in OSX).

Maybe it's because I've upgraded it to Mountain Lion? Can this be a bug or something in Mountain lion?

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm sorry is
    the file or are you dragging a file out of there to paste over? (not as familiar with modding games). I know on my work MBP I run into problems that are similar to this dragging items from Mail into Finder where it will (for lack of a better word) seem to get "tired" and I can drag the file or message but be unable to actually copy it anywhere on my computer. A restart will usually fix it, but I'm clueless as to what's actually going on.

7. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Oh, I had no clue GTA4 had a cider port.

Where are you copying the file from originally?