Help please can't see my iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Martin29, May 8, 2011.

1. Martin29 macrumors 6502

Martin29

I have something strange happening with my iphone 4.

I have connected it to my windows laptop to recharge and the laptop keeps telling me the device is not recognised (I've recharged without these messages for the past three months) The phone is slowly recharging but something is wrong, it has been on charge now for 8 hours and had 19% charge at the beginning of that time, I'm now at only 70%! If I go to Itunes I can't see my phone.

Have tried connecting the phone by USB to my IMac and it does not do what it has always done and open ITunes automatically. If I open ITunes I cannot see my phone either. Battery charging is equally slow.

Since I can't see my phone I can't synchronise, update or backup.

Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have any suggestions what has gone wrong?

2. Webmol macrumors newbie

Weird

The matter underneath is now one of mine too.... But the worst thing is, it happend on my Macbook Pro

3. mutchy126 macrumors regular

That Sounds Bad!

I think that will have to take your iPhone to the Apple Store, That sounds like a BIG Issue!! :(

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Have you done anything recently with your iPhone, like drop it, get some water damage, etc?

I would suggest trying a restore in DFU mode (see my sig).

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have the latest iTunes version installed right?
    Sounds like a hardware issue with the phone IMO.

6. Martin29 thread starter macrumors 6502

Martin29

No, my phone has had no shocks and not been exposed to liquids.

Yes.

The phone seems to be working correctly except that it is not 'seen' either by my windows machine, which reports an unrecognised USB device. Or by my Mac which would previously have opened itunes and shown the phone in 'my devices'. Now it simply charges the phone (very slowly, I left it charging for 12 hours yesterday starting at 19% and finally arrived at 92% by the end of the day!)