Help please Connect IP5 hotspot to express then to extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Welsh Alex, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Welsh Alex macrumors newbie

hi there
    please can someone help?
    been trying to figure this out for days and have looked online but still struggling

i get much better reception with 3G network that my ISP
    as such trying to iphone 5 hotspot to express then cat 5 out to either sonos or airport extreme to spread around the house

i tried into express as join a network then cat 5 into sonos but the number of connections immediately jumped to more than 5 limit as i guess it saw all 7 sonos in the house as connections

so thought i try and output network from express to extreme to make new network then distribute from there but cant get airport extreme to see the network when connecting from express via cat 5 to wan input

can anyone help with this , anyone successfully used an iphone hotpsot and sitributed it around the house with kit of express extreme and sonos avail to use???

thanks so so much for any help its really bugging me !!
    alex

2. Welsh Alex thread starter macrumors newbie

partly solved, now how to bypass 5 max connections limit

solved the internet out issue , found out i have to use the wan out, if thats the correct term, port of the express

now only issue left is that each sonos uses up 1 of the 5 connections iphoen5 hotspot allows

anyone know any way of outputting internet from express (which i can do now) in a way i can share to more than 5 clients without maxing out the hotspot connections?
    thanks so much
    alex