Help Please (deleting audiobooks)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iam8523, Jul 2, 2009.

1. iam8523 macrumors newbie

I downloaded audiobooks on my IPOD touch. They work fine, but now I'm trying to delete them. I can't find them on Itunes. What am I doing wrong?

2. sravana macrumors regular

Hm. That's a great question.
    I think perhaps you need to delete them in the app on the iPod.

I use Stanza, and in "titles" mode, there is a button that says "edit" at the bottom. When I click on it I can click on any of the titles, and it goes to a screen that has the option to delete the book.

Maybe that's where you need to look??

3. celticpride678

If srvana did not give you the right thing you are looking for, try this:

Open iTunes>Preferences>Select the tick next to audiobooks>Remove any audiobooks under the audiobooks section in iTunes

4. iam8523 thread starter macrumors newbie

Still can't fix it ?????

Thanks for your help but I still can't find them to delete them. I tried Stanza and clicking on on audiobooks in preferences but they still don't show up.

5. pjgeer macrumors member

Are you looking to delete AUDIObooks or eBooks?

eBooks, i.e. in Stanza or eReader, would be within the App, generally a swipe to bring up the delete button or choose the Edit option in the book list for the delete buttons.

AUDIObooks, have to be deleted/unchecked/not synced via itunes, they are audio files.

Pj

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

You can also make a playlist for your audio books. Then just put the ones that you want to listen to in the playlist.

And then uncheck the regular audio book sync.

For me it was easier and quicker than worrying about what is checked or not checked.

7. ToucheChic macrumors newbie

In iTunes, under the Library heading, click on Audiobooks. They should be in there. If you don't want to keep the copy in iTunes you can delete it there.

But if you want to select certain books for your iPod Touch, you will have to create a copy of each audiobook to put in your iTunes playlist; you may want to create a New Playlist Folder for this purpose. Then select (or deselect) them as you wish for your iPod under the Music heading, just as you do your music, before you Sync.

Hope this helps! :)