Help please....downgrade 3GS on 4.0.1 to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by flexus, Aug 14, 2010.

1. flexus macrumors newbie

hi guys i recently updated my phone and i hate the new 4.0.1. i want to go back to 3.1.3. i have a 3gs version 4.0.1 modem firmware 05.13.04. i have looked and tried so many tutorials but i keep getting an error 3194 on itunes. i didnt not shsh the phone back then. can someone kindly point me in the right direction. thank you.

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

As you clearly know about SHSH's, do you think we want to save them just for fun?
    Without them there is no way to downgrade.

3. flexus thread starter macrumors newbie

i am actually new to all of this. been reading a lot of articles and stuff on iphones. just learned about this shsh thing. still don't completely understand it. some people say i can still downgrade without the shsh. is there a way?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

well best answer here is I'm guessing then you don't have any shsh saved so to put it simply you can't downgrade. :( Sorry that's the whole purpose for saving shsh is downgrading! ;)

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

For the 3GS and beyond, each SHSH is unique to each phone and OS version. You need a SHSH for the exact phone and OS version you are trying to downgrade to.

Since you do not have them saved then there is no way to generate one and thus you are SOL.