Help please!! Downloading sheet music for logic

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by james.radcliffe, Jan 15, 2009.

1. james.radcliffe macrumors newbie

I am using Logic express 7.

I am very new too using logic and at the minute I am learning to manually input sheet music.

I would like to download and input sheet music into Logic. Is this possible?

Thanx, J

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

I'm a beginner too. I'll tell you what I know. Some one may have a better idea

The way you "import" music is to play it on a MIDI keyboard or there is a very simple "musical typing" interface built into Logic that lets you use the standard (typewriter style) Apple k/B but that is hard to use and limited. If you spend even $100 you can get a real music keyboard.

The other method you might be looking for is to import a MIDI file. There are several ways to get a midi file (1) using the above method, (2) getting the music in this form rather then as sheet music. and (3) using software and a scanner to scan the sheet music.

So what software is needed to scan the paper sheet music. Googlel might help here.....

"Sibelius" keeps coming up and "smart score" and several others. I have no experience with any of these except reading their web sites.