HELP PLEASE!!!! Edited a string in Open SSH and messed up my iPod!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by TMC2k1, Mar 14, 2009.

1. TMC2k1 macrumors member

I was editing a string in System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app to have a black status bar. You are supposed to add a certain string in the info.plist and I put it in there and now my ipod is just constantly refreshing the spring board..then stops...then refreshes a split second later. I tried rebooting and nothing works. I even removed the string and saved it again. It is still doing this! I am so nervous right now. How do I fix this??

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

3. TMC2k1 thread starter macrumors member

I was hoping to use that as a last resort. Would I have to restore to original and then jailbreak all over again or can I restore to my jailbreak?

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Well that depends on how you did the jailbrake, as far as I remember if you created an image of the firmware with PWNAGE or one of the newer versions/apps you can skip a bunch of steps.
    Since the App Store I haven't jailbroken nor unlock my iPhone, the website I always used as a reference for doing it was this one:
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/
    Good luck.

5. TMC2k1 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so I restored my iPod to 2.2.1. Then I proceeded to re-jailbreak my device, but I am getting an error that says "An Unknown error occured. The iPod could not be restored." What is wrong? :(

6. TMC2k1 thread starter macrumors member

Nevermine it works now. I was trying to use my own custom image, but I couldnt get it to work. Does anybody know how to make a custom boot logo? Thanks!