Help Please (email stopped working)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by niteshadow12, Nov 7, 2009.

1. niteshadow12 macrumors newbie

I have had my ipod touch for over a year now (2nd gen) All of a sudden my email isnt working. (i have 2 email accounts set up only one isn't working) When i enter into email i only get a few seconds and then it boots me back to the home screen. My other email is working fine. Same server just different accounts. I have rebooted my touch and i have updated. I am at a lose what to do next. Please does anyone have any idea what i should do????
    :confused:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I'd start off by removing and re-adding the affected email account via the Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars. The only thing to consider is that if its a POP account whether the messages are anywhere other than just on the touch, i.e. still on the server. If it's POP but doesn't keep copies of the retrieved emails on the server, deleting the account will clear that off your iPod. If it's POP but still keeps copies on the server, delete that account and re-add it.

3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

How long has it not been working? My wife and I have actually had problems with one email account and not another and both are .Mac addresses and it was resolved over time....just a thought.

Do both work on your computer?

4. niteshadow12 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have, deleted the account and added it again. I also re synced it when before i added the account back. and all those emails that are no longer on the web ( been deleted) showed up again.

This problem has only been going on for about 3 days. Never had problems before with either account and they are showing up on pc.

I dont know if i should wait or try something else?
    (pulling HAIR out!!!)

5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

two things- ONe, give the forum more info on exactly what type of account, who the account is through, and any other details that would help troubleshoot.

Two- if you don't have any luck this weekend my experience tells me that we tend to get better troubleshooting results on threads during weeknights.

good luck-

6. niteshadow12 thread starter macrumors newbie

I deleted account. Then re synced with pc. Waited 30 minutes then added mail account. Now all accounts are working . But new problem, Itunes will not except password on the touch. So I guess I will wait a few days to see if it works, unless any one else had some ideas. And yes iTunes works on pc. By the way thank you everyone for your help I really appreciate it.

7. RabbidAssassin macrumors member

RabbidAssassin

More problems

From reading posts on forum sites I'm noticing a lot of people are starting to have more and more problems with the APPS not opening or opening for a short amount of time. I have replaced my iTouch once already and my new 3G has been working fine until iTunes updates. Its always starts to act up.

The only thing that I have found to work is restoring the system to the FD. Its a long process to get all the data back up its the only way that I have found.
    Hope this helps.:apple:

8. niteshadow12 thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to say thank you to everyone that helped me. Everything works good now. I believe I had a bug in my mail. Because after everything i did, and some patience LOL, It worked, and yes itunes is working well.
    Thanks again everyone.