Help please, Exchange Mail won't work on my Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wayneholbrook, Apr 25, 2012.

1. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Good evening to all.

I work in Law Enforcement and get my email on my iPhone and iPad.

I Have a Macbook Pro and using Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50).

When I enter all my settings into Apple mail for exchange for some reason my exchange won't work in Apple mail or Outlook for Mac, but it works on all my devices, iPad, iPhone, and windows 7.5 (Nokia 900). Im no sure why it won't work. I have all the settings correct. On the Nokia it will ask me for the domain name and I enter it. On the iPhone, iPad it doesn't so I enter all my other settings and it works just fine. On Apple Mail it does not ask me for the domain name either but I enter all the settings just like the iPhone but it keeps saying the sever is not responding.

Im not sureI can try anything else. I have been searching for answers for this for months and I am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Work is using Exchange 2010 and again it all works on my iPhone a d iPad. I tired the same thing not only in Apple mail but Outlook for Mac and still get error messages saying it can't connect to server. So weird that it contects to my mobile devices but not my computers.:mad:

2. 480Ocean macrumors newbie

Hi!

I am going through the same situation. I have my outlook email working on all other devices. My job is in finance so maybe there is some restriction or something? Makes no sense.

Have you found a resolution?

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Your iOS devices, and most other mobile devices, connect with Exchange in a different manner than your Mac would so the settings probably should be different.

This is actually a question for your IT department since Exchange setups can vary quite a bit.

If "autodiscover" is set up properly on the Exchange server then just entering the email address and password in either Outlook 2011 or Apple Mail would get you connected. Otherwise, there may be Mac-specific settings that you need to get from those IT folks.