Help Please! External HD/Blue Screen?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CS1230, Mar 23, 2011.

1. CS1230 macrumors newbie

Hi all! I have a predicament that I am in and need a lot of help with. I recently moved and am trying to set up my computer at my new house and have come across a very big problem.

My external HD (G-Raid) won't mount on any of my computers (I've tried 3 different ones, and also tried with a USB and with FireWire). It was working fine as far as I could tell yesterday and then I proceeded to update my iMac and it has not properly mounted since.

The HD isn't even a year old and has plenty of space on it, everything seems to be running normally and it shows up in my System Profiler. However it will not show up in Disk Utility or Disk Warrior.

Also an odd thing that happens is that whenever I restart my iMac and the HD is plugged in and on the iMac will "freeze" on the blue startup screen. Whenever I turn the HD off, it will continue to boot up and everything is fine.

I'm just very confused as the HD is basically brand new and looks to be running smoothly (no clicks or overheating).

Any ideas or help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!!