Help please - I screwed me iPhone 3GS Badly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IronChefDex, Mar 28, 2011.

1. IronChefDex macrumors newbie

This is pretty screwed up, can anyone please help me with this?

I downloaded Cyberduck and did some stuff on my iPhone. I connected it to the SFTP Server (whatever that is) and played around with the Applications folder. I accidentally deleted the whole folder and what happened - all my applications such as "Settings", "iTunes", "Calculator" disappeared.
    Is there a way to restore it?

I am using :
    iPhone 3GS,
    version 4.0.1,

Please help.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Can you do a hard reset on the phone? press and hold power button & home button at the same time for around 10-15 seconds. Let's go both, then turn on the phone normally.

3. IronChefDex thread starter macrumors newbie

I did that, everything is missing.

I failed to mention that my purchased applications such as Pocket God or FaceBook remains in the phone by the way.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If you have SHSH saved for 4.0.1 you can restore back to it.

5. IronChefDex thread starter macrumors newbie

SHSH?

If you are talking about the iTunes back up restore for iPhone, I have not backed up my phone at all due to the fact that it is second hand and I am unable to sync it to my iTunes at all.

6. wpotere Guest

Restore the phone. Any applications that you purchased you will be able to download again for free.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

SHSH allows you to install older iOS versions. However, you have to save them while the iOS is still out. Right now, you can only save the blobs for 4.3.1. since that is the iOS currently in release.
    You'll have to restore to the latest iOS.
    FYI: instead of being an idiot and screwing around with stuff you don't understand, you should leave it alone until you do understand.
    BTW, why can't you back up your phone? Second hand has nothing to do with whether or not you can connect to iTunes.

8. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

You screwed your iPhone 3GS badly? Sounds like a personal problem to me, friend. Try the little blue pill, I hear it helps people like you.

9. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

:confused: