Help Please, i think i have a virus of some sort

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by philgreg9, Jun 3, 2014.

1. philgreg9 macrumors newbie

Hi i am new to this forum and am not very computer literate at all, i am not a technophobe but not a computer legend, somewhere in between. I have been using my macbook pro for the internet for about 2 years now and have all of sudden in the last month had random pop ups come in my browser, and a lot of the time i will be on a webpage and ill click on something that should be harmless and it will take me somewhere completely random and the page i was on previously will shut down and it will take me to like a bet365 page or something similar, has anyone else experienced this ?? ill upload some pictures of the kind of crap that comes up, and see if anyone recognises this stuff, any help would be amazing :) thank you so much.

Also when the page decides to just do its own thing and redirect me somewhere i didnt want to go , the web page it starts with is usually srv123.com

View attachment 474732

View attachment 474733

View attachment 474734

2. philgreg9 thread starter macrumors newbie

these are images of some of the stuff that comes up

Attached Files:

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

A good adblocker could solve a large part of your problem.

4. kingalexthe1st macrumors 6502

kingalexthe1st

I can't help you with your problem of being re-directed to other pages, perhaps someone else can suggest something, but I'd agree with the poster above and suggest an ad-blocker in the meantime. Try Ad Block Plus as an add-on for safari, it's what I use : https://adblockplus.org/en/safari

I hope you get the rest sorted though.

Alex

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Try running this adware removal tool.