Help please im so sad i just got a scratch on my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Briang18, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Briang18 macrumors newbie

I just had the laptop on one hand, and was carrying my dog on the other hand and as soon as i turned around it hit a door. Now that's how that scratch got there. I'm so sad because i was so taking care of it!. It's under the mini monitor port as you can see.....

Does anybody know how i can get that scratch off???

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/Brian0311/securedownload-1.jpg

2. MrPeanut macrumors regular

Stop being such a baby is my advice, its a scratch, your inevitably going to get them on something thats carried around. Just take more care of it and just remember, the first scratch is always the worst one and the other ones that inevitably follow are just water under the bridge.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Buy a new case for a couple hundred dollars. Honestly, as long as the computer is functioning just ignore it.

4. pknoot macrumors newbie

pknoot

I would recommend you get a Speck case; it will hide the scratch and prevent any new ones!

5. m0no macrumors regular

Nice plate. It's about all I can see. Also, if you're a guy you shouldn't have a dog that you can carry around :D Anyways, you can get an Incase hardshell. I've had one on my macbook and it's done well to prevent bumps and scratches such as those.

6. vant macrumors 65816

7. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

Lol somehow I doubt Paris Hilton will be crying if her MBP got a dent in it. She will just buy a new one.

8. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

I'm so sorry for your loss, it really sucks that Mac CPUs stop working when the case gets scratched, they should really fix that.

Really what do you want anyone to say? get a case like you should have before you scratched it.

9. felt. macrumors 6502a

what an insult to Paris...

10. klee1987 macrumors regular

stop using it right away, build a shrine, put the macbook on top then worship it.

It's just a little scratch....

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The photo looks like it was focused more on the plate than on the MacBook. :rolleyes:

12. m0no macrumors regular

Perez Hilton?

13. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

lolz, I'm curious what you would have done if you had my MBP.. There's a couple dents on the top case and my bottom case and battery door were replaced after a drop. Machine still works fine... just get over it..

14. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

I feel for you - I'm used to really taking care of my stuff. But for some items you have to just realise that when they are used they will show signs of wear, and certain items, like computers, have 'use-by' dates. There is no point to keeping a computer in immaculate physical condition for 5-10 years, because you're just not going to be using it beyond a 3-4year time frame. My 2000 USD B&W 805 loudspeakers, yes, but not a computer.

So you will just need to accept it and move on...

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You need to remind yourself its only a computer. Don't get so wrapped up that it this type of stuff ties you up in a knot. There's more important things to worry about, get a scratch on a computer is not one of them.

16. macuser154 macrumors 6502

When I first got my MBP I didn't want to get a scratch on it, but when I did, I actually stopped worrying about it. I say just get over it.