Help please, iphone 3gs wont boot up.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sut, Oct 7, 2011.

1. sut macrumors newbie

HI GUYS

a few months ago i brought my daughter a 3gs for her birthday and went out and got it jailbroke but not unlocked as they couldnt unlock it for some reason.

problem is now something has happened to the phone now and it now just sits on the skull/apple logo i have no idea what has happened or why. once the phone has got to the logo all i can do is press both the home and power button to shut the phone down as power button on its own will not shut it down.

any help with this would be great thanks

2. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Just start redsnow, and select boot tetheret, all will be fine, until next time the power is off, and the boot logo shows again and you have to do this everytime the iphone loss power or power off. Fire up redsnow and select just boot tetheret, and i hope it will be okay, unless you have other firmware then 4.3.5 on it. If you have saved shsh blobs with Cydia on 4.3.x you can downgrade it to 4.3.x and use jailbreakme dot com to jailbreak it again.

JunkyDog

3. sut thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the infomation but sorry to say i am a total newbie to al this so what you have just said is over my head can you please give me alittle more detail.

another issue i have or a think i have when i connect the phone to the pc now it shows it is charging my phone but my pc isnt auto detecting the usb connection and auto installing the drivers as it should is this correct or should it be doing this.

4. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

What happen if you start iTunes, does the iTunes detect your phone or not?
    If not, try a different USB port or a brand new cable should also help.

J.D.

5. sut, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

sut thread starter macrumors newbie

hi

itunes isnt detecting it. but i have found doing the dfu mode then the pc does detect it then and installs drivers,

but once the process is finished and redsnow says its done and the phone will do the rest i back where i started as the phone just stops where it did before

so if im being a real muppet here

i have used a diff cable and diff usb port.

is anyone able to help with this please.