Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dashdagh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
I plugged in my iPhone to charge it and all of a sudden I saw that it went on to the 'recovery mode'....I wasn't even charging it through my computer.

Is there a way to get it out of this mode without restoring it...I can't afford to restore it....I had notes not in the notes application already in iphone, but I've kept my notes in a third-party appliacation called "Moleskine" that I had installed using the Installer....My notes in this application is basically what I can't afford to lose...I don't care if I lose everything else....I believe iTunes restore feature will delete all third-party appliaction even if you restore it to a backup, am I right?

I've tried resetting it using the home button and the shut/light button on top.
I've tried ziphone mode change to Normal
I've been googling for the past 5 hours and I yet to have a solution.

I have firmware 1.1.4....unlocked....jailbroken...all using ZiPhone 3.0.....

Please help.....I'm freaking out!!!!!:eek:

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
Try this:

Plug your iPhone into your computer
Open Ziphone
In the menu bar there should be a "mode" tab or something similar
Click the restart in normal mode option

You should be good-to-go!

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
really easy...

go get iNdePendence, plug in your phone...let iTunes boot up then close it down.

open up that iNdePendence and let it bring your phone out of recovery mode.

it will tell you that you dont have the correct firmware before it does anything, but it doesnt matter...it will still work.

once your apple logo appears on your phone and your main screens comes back your good to go.

hope it works out for you...

i have to do mines every now and then coz the problem i have is that when my phone runs out of battery, it goes into recovery mode instead of shutting down...

this method has worked for me everytime...

dashdagh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
Mikey B I had tried the Ziphone solution as I had mentioned it before but it didn't work. I tried it a several times.

Vincebio - I don't currently own a Mac, I'm saving up to buy one.....Is there such a program like iNdePendence for PC?

dashdagh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
I tried iLiberty+ and it didn't work. it doesn't kick it out of the recovery mode....any one has nay clue why?

dashdagh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
iBricker seems to be only working up to firmware 1.1.2. I'm using 1.1.4. let me know if I'm wrong. Please let me know if anything comes to mind....anything

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
California
....unlocked....jailbroken...

Thanks again for reminding me of why I haven't hacked my phone. I like the security of walking in to the local apple store and walking out with a new phone if there is a problem. I've done it twice in the last year. With the new app store around the corner I just don't see the point of jailbraking but that's just me. Good luck though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.