Help please? Is this a good battery life for S2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bonjourx, Mar 16, 2017.

1. bonjourx macrumors member

bonjourx

i have a series 2 42mm that I got a few days ago, I just wanna ask if what you guys think of the battery life? Do you guys think it's just right? I don't really use it that much, just received few calls here and there and text messages and notifications. I've heard about the issue with apple watches battery, and the day I got my watch I thought it had an issue with the battery too. I have 64% left battery right now and it's quarter to 6pm. Is it reasonable?

Attached Files:

2. bonjourx thread starter macrumors member

bonjourx

sometimes when I monitor it it seems like it loses 3- 4% an hour without doing anything with it.

3. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

I've been charting my watch's battery. My rough usage rate seems to be 10% battery gets me 4 hours of standby time.

So after 17:26, I'd be looking at about 53% left. So it's day that your battery is fine compared to mine.

IMG_8793.jpg

IMG_8792.jpg

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I don't find your battery statistics unreasonable. Although you do have more third-party apps installed on your Apple Watch than I do. At the end of my day, I typically end with approximate 65% battery life remaining.

5. waw74 macrumors 68030

i've found that the first week or 2 of battery life is normally not that great.
    think it's a combination of not realizing how much you're playing with the new toy, and the battery just needs a few charge cycles to get warmed up.

if it's really dreadful, you can try re-pairing the watch to the phone

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

3 to 4% times 18 hours would use 60-65% of the battery life.

Sounds reasonable to me.