Help Please - iTunes Cover Flow problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BelleH, Apr 30, 2010.

1. BelleH macrumors newbie

First time user, so please forgive me if i get this wrong; desperately need help.

After upgrading to the most latest i Tunes version, the cover flow view has gone all screwy, with no covers appearing, just the list of songs, which covers up the volume control etc at the top.

I have tried resizing but all it what's to do is move songs; I have uninstalled and reinstalled latest version, uninstalled and installed older version and even reinstalled OSX. NOTHING works.

I have attached screen shot, PLEASE PLEASE HELP, it's driving me nuts!

Attached Files:

2. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

hey, hold alt+cmd and open iTunes, it should display a window informing you that iTunes is running in Safe Mode, if it works okay then it is the Plug-In you have running with iTunes :)

3. BelleH thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried the alt+cmd, no good; uninstalled plugin (Tuneup) no good; any other suggestions....

4. MAZ62 macrumors newbie

Hi I have exactly the same issue here. Updated itunes to 9.1.1 and get the same loss of cover flow and the tunes list covering the controls at the top. I too have Tuneup and wonder if that could be part of the problem. Interestingly cover flow works fine for movies and tv shows?

5. BelleH thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't say for sure whether it is Tune Up or not, as per my previous post I have uninstalled both at same time; than reinstalled iTunes, but same issue...have sent mail to Tune Up support to see if they can help; will keep you posted :eek:

6. Cobreezy macrumors newbie

Any news?

7. BelleH thread starter macrumors newbie

iTunes Cover Flow problem

No luck with Tuneup enquiry; best they came up with was to contact Apple :mad: Still looking...

8. brandonbr94 macrumors newbie

same damn problem!!!

hey i too have exactly the same problem!!!! im like sooooooo pissedd offfff!!!:mad: i also used tuneup. when i clicked to staart it up it minimized my itunes window to a deformed type. then when it finally when back to original size THIS problem occured. i definetly think tuneup has something to do with.

Attached Files:

9. lumor macrumors newbie

10. MAZ62 macrumors newbie

And me.....

tried everything without any success....

11. JEBBAZ macrumors newbie

Same Thing!!

exact same problem and same ****** app installed (tuneup)

got rid of all the remains i think,

Uninstalled vuse and tune up and deleted all itunes plugins (tune up file remained there) but still no luck. PISSED OFF!!!

12. DiggDug macrumors newbie

Just a thought... Try changing your screen resolution to something else and then change it back to where you currently keep it set.

13. kestrel79 macrumors newbie

Have tried all of the above and no result! Same issue. Have TuneUp and tried to fill in my album artwork just before this started happenning. Anybody having any luck yet?

14. julienlv macrumors newbie

Solution

I had the same problem: TunesUp created it I guess.
    The problem is the "iTunes Library" file located in Music/iTunes in your home folder.

Here's what I did:

0. Delete TunesUp
    1. Back up "iTunes Library" and "iTunes Music Library.xml"
    2. Delete "iTunes Library"
    3. Open iTunes (there will be no library)
    4. Import the backed up "iTunes Music Library.xml" (File>Library>Import Playlist

For now, it seems to be OK. iTunes had to reimport all the cover art from the net. I also had to delete the playlists that were doubled.

15. BelleH thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Julienlv

Question did you reinstall Tune-up?

16. BelleH thread starter macrumors newbie

17. julienlv macrumors newbie

No, I didn't reinstalled tune-up. I figured out that if it was causing problems, I should not use it. Some open-source program (picard) can do the same, with a little more effort (and no cover art).

Julien