Help please--leaving bb for iphone 4g

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by micawoli, May 28, 2010.

1. micawoli macrumors member

I know there was a huge craze for the iPhone when it came out and it took a while for people to get them, how do guys think it will be when the 4G comes out?

Is it as easy as going online, signing up for new service and just ordering one? I know the 3GS was a lot easier to get but while i own Apple products, i have never had an iPhone or really followed the craze that comes with them..

Thanks!:D

2. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

just preorder right after Jobs exits the stage and you will have it the day it hits stores. you can get home delivery or instore pickup

3. patrickvanzandt macrumors member

I second that.

If you wait even 24 hours before ordering, you could end up waiting several extra days (or maybe even a week or more) to get your new iPhone.

Also, I would personally recommend home delivery instead of in-store pickup. You'll still get the device on the same day, and you can avoid the crowds of people that are sure to be at every Apple store on launch day.

4. iPhone3Gusr macrumors member

iPhone3Gusr

just like stated above it's a matter of going to Apple's or AT&T's website and ordering. you sign up for service, pick your plan, and all of that. then just waiting for the delivery of your new iPhone is the longest part ha.

5. micawoli thread starter macrumors member

thank you all so much!!!

I just wanted to make sure i was covering all of my bases.

I didnt want it to end up being something similar to buying concert tickets with 20 windows open hoping for the best seat in the house.

I'll just make sure i have my cursor on the 4g link as the keynote speech is going down!!

6. walds11 macrumors 6502a

That's my plan. WWDC starts at 1:00pm EST. I will be watching the news on the internet like a hawk and will pre-order as soon as it's available. I waited and pre-ordered the 3GS on June 11th last year. It was shipped right to my door on launch day June 19th. No waiting this year.