HELP please! Losing folders and emails in Outlook 2011 for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by W00W00, May 22, 2014.

1. W00W00 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I know there have been a few posts on this subject, but I'm still floundering, and in desperate need of help, in two ways (sorry for being greedy!)

OK, here's the score...

Every now and then when I go to my email folders and sub folders to cross reference something, only to discover the folders have completely disappeared, along with their contents! I'm currently missing everything from the end of March to the 15th May, which is crippling my work.

I've tried going to Microsoft Utility Databases and changing the default file to an older one (I have 10 databases for some reason - which is another problem in itself, so, make that 3 problems!) This may restore some of the files but then I lose my most recent emails or files since that date!

Can anyone give me a simple way of getting them all back in one go? I have a WD My Passport too which I use to back up weekly, but I can't seem to find anything on there!

I can't afford the amount of time I'm wasting on trying to get everything sorted, so if there isn't a simple way, I'm going to take the plunge and move over to my Mac web mail or gmail. But, I would like to take all of my OE folders and emails over with me. So, problem number 2, is there an easy way of doing this? I'm not a techie so any simple step by step dummy instructions would be much appreciated.

Thank you ever so much in advance for you're help. You're such lovely people!

Woo x

2. Rendergroup macrumors member

Rendergroup

3. W00W00 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's POP I think (on accounts it says pop@gmail.com) if that's what you mean?

Thanks
    Woo

4. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess