Help Please! Mac OS X Console Dubious Display

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacsOnAnabolics, Jul 31, 2009.

1. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Hello to all!

Recently I have been concerned with the performance of my 2.66 Ghz 15 " Macbook Pro, which I have had for five months now. While noticing a decompansation in boot times and overall processor usage -a change from when I first bought this machine- I stumbled upon many unrecognized messages in the console utility which began to raise an eyebrow for me.

My console reads as follows:

"7/31/09 10:49:30 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (GSInGameService[856]) Bug: launchd_core_logic.c:3117 (23792):2: chdir(j->workingdir) != -1

7/31/09 10:49:30 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (GSInGameService[856]) posix_spawn("/Applications/GameTracker/GSInGameService.app/Contents/MacOS/GSInGameService", ...): No such file or directory

7/31/09 10:49:30 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (GSInGameService[856]) Exited with exit code: 1

7/31/09 10:49:20 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (GSInGameService) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds"

These messages repeat and reoccur over and over again for as long as I have my comp powered on!
    I am not very familiar with code and the file structure of Mac OS X, nevertheless, my intuition tells me that there is something obviously wrong here. I have exhausted all avenues trying to come up with a solution for this action.
    Apparently GSInGameService.app is trying to be accessed by these commands. I've coded finder to reveal hidden files and I still can not find this application. I'm starting to worry, thinking this may be a virus or perhaps an important error. I need a solution to stop this abnormal behavior...

I would like to thank those in advance who might be able to shed light on this dilemma. It is greatly appreciated!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Did you happen to install GameTracker at some point?

3. MacsOnAnabolics thread starter macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Yes I did. However, I believe I have deleted all files associated with this application.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It looks like it installed a processor to spawn off of launchd and it can't find it anymore since you removed it. Did the application require privilege escalation when you first installed it? Was there some sort of removal script provided?

5. MacsOnAnabolics thread starter macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Oh i see... Honestly, I really don't remember. Is there any way to remove this action?

6. MacsOnAnabolics thread starter macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Maybe I should download this application again to see what happens?

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I would take a look for a removal script in the original download. Otherwise it looks like you're going to have to interface with launchd via launchctl and remove the application's attempt at starting.

In a few cases the installer will lead to the option to uninstall.

8. MacsOnAnabolics thread starter macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Ohh...gosh! That sounds invasive. Where might I learn to do this? Or should I just reinstall OS X? And if I were to reinstall OS X would I continue to have this problem? Even if I replaced my files from time machine?