Help please!! Macbook Pro 13inch 2014 or Macbook Pro 13inch 2015 version

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bonjourx, Jun 21, 2016.

1. bonjourx macrumors member

bonjourx

Hi all, i wanna ask your opinion. I am currently planning to buy a new macbook, i've been eyeing and confused which one to get. macbook pro 2014 seems to be cheaper than the 2015 one, my question is, is there really a huge difference between the two besides the force touchpad and i know the 2015 is a bit faster but am i really gonna see the difference of the speed? I would love to buy the 2015 one but if there's really not such huge difference and i would be able to save up money i would rather get the macbook pro 2014. It's my first time purchasing macbook pro and i currently have the macbook air 13inch 2013 with 4gb ram 256gb and it's kinda slow after having too many tabs open. So now i'm thinking of macbook pro 2014 8gb ram 256gb or 2015 8gb ram 128gb (more likely due to budget if not i'll definitely try to get 256gb. Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I'd wait it out until September to be honest, see what updates Apple do.

If you already have the MBA 13" 2013 and it's running slowly with a lot of tabs open, there are a fair few things you can try to alleviate that in the interim. Shut down every few days with the option reopen windows when logging back in disabled (unticked).
    You can also run a volume verification in Disk Utility to ensure it is OK.

Also ensure you're on the latest OS (10.11.5, as of the time of writing). Plus if you use Chrome, try to use Safari instead. Chrome is a big resource hog.

3. bonjourx thread starter macrumors member

bonjourx

Hi, im using safari and after having 5 or more windows open it kinda slows down. I don't do much with my macbook air, and never really check out what's in it when i got it. how do i do the volume verification in disk?

Also, is there a possibility Apple will release a new Macbook this september?

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Just search for Disk Utility in Spotlight, or alternatively access it from Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility. Depending on what OS you're running, the DU window will look different. Would you be happy to advise which OS you're on and I'll get you some screenshots/instructions sorted?

You can verify your OS version by clicking the Apple logo at the very top-left of your screen and clicking 'About this Mac'.

5. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

Yeah probability is high of releasing a line of Macs this September and rumors of different features are swirling around.

6. bonjourx thread starter macrumors member

bonjourx

Hi, yes! it's OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5 also, this is what came up when i opened disk utility [​IMG]

7. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

OK, single-click 'Untitled' (the bottom of the two listed).

1.png

Then new options along the right hand side will appear, if you're on the 'First Aid' tab. Press 'Verify Disk' (not disk permissions).

The verification will take a little time. One of two things will happen:

1) You'll get some red writing
    2) You'll get no writing after it's finished, or you'll get some green writing

If you get red writing, let me know and we'll run through how to repair it. In the event of number 2, no need to worry there. Quote me anyway and we'll do a few more things.

8. bonjourx thread starter macrumors member

bonjourx

Yikes. I put my Macbook Air for bidding on ebay already!

9. bonjourx thread starter macrumors member

bonjourx

This what showed up [​IMG] does that mean there's nothing wrong?